CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Richmond News

I was in Richmond today and when I was at Starbuck's having my Frappaccino (even though I'm a little girl!) I heard people talking about trouble at Kroger. That's where my mom and I were going to go: to Kroger and Lowe's, but no one was allowed in that area. All I know is that it was on the news that there were police there and I saw a big gun - the kind of gun that's big and long and kind of skinny.

(Explanation from Mom: a disturbed person is currently in the Kroger parking lot with a firearm; the police secured the area although the man wasn't threatening to hurt anyone else. Traffic has been diverted and officers have been trying to talk the man into surrendering for over two hours. Carlyn felt that it was important to update her readers about this story. I was delayed this afternoon writing a letter for work; otherwise we would've been going to the Kroger Starbuck's to get our Frappaccino - possibly around the time the police locked it down).

p.s. from Carlyn: I wasn't that happy about what happened at Kroger.

0 comments: